Looking for 17 Fireball data

Str8aim

I have searched around and have not had much luck, I am looking for a good starting point to load a new 17 fireball. I would love some info or starting point to start working up loads if you have any suggestions... Thanks for your help

I have:
17 Remington Brass
Remington bench rest Small Primers
Planning on starting with IMR 4198
V-Max 20 gr

Thanks Gale,
I have the the IMR load info and it has max load at 16.7... I loaded a few rounds starting at 16.0 up 16.7. Has anyone tested their loads that might have some results?

I am interested. I want to rebarrel a CZ-527 in .204 Ruger to the .17 Fireball. I have collected Nosler .221 Fireball cases and some Hornady 20 and 25 gr v-max for the project.

I wonder about VV 133 (In stock at Powder Valley) or VV N-140 (In stock at Bruno's) in this cartridge? Any experience?

I am using Hodgdon "Benchmark" in my .204 Ruger with 32 and 24 gr bullets. I am convinced it is "dirty" compared to VV N-133 and IMR 8208 in the .204 Ruger. Any experiences?

aAny experienc with custom barrels in 17 caliber? Is Lilja the way to go?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.