Long shot of the day

For a while I was using a .243 pushing 58 grain v-max's at 3800. Not a real long range set up but still pretty wicked at 500 yds. Once the spring shooting is done I don't go back to Utah until after my elk hunts here in CO. Too busy here, too hot there.

For a while I was using a .243 pushing 58 grain v-max's at 3800. Not a real long range set up but still pretty wicked at 500 yds. Once the spring shooting is done I don't go back to Utah until after my elk hunts here in CO. Too busy here, too hot there.
I used to load that exact projectile at that velocity too! My old savage 99 doesn't like anything lighter than 85 grain though, and I don't know how capable it is at 500 with anything haha (though it can reliably pop milk jugs at 400).

the 58 vmax is crazy violent. Shot a small pumpkin with it. No exit. 5 inch diameter ENTRANCE wound!

I shot a lot of coyotes and marmots with that load. It would just ruin a marmot but was a pretty good coyote load most of the time if you wanted good hides.

Why wait till fall for marmots? Hell, I going to start shooting em here in Nv. in the next week or so. Squirrels are out too! Life is about to be GOOOD!

Yeah, Varmintnv,

you could say that, life is goood!

Or you could say, death is goood!
(Our quarry's death, that is.) 🤣

Go, get'em!! 👍🏼

Matthias