Long Range Video methods

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by Randy in Va, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Randy in Va

Randy in Va Well-Known Member

I would like to hear from anyone doing movie filming of 1000 yds and beyond, particularily from a varmint perspective.

Do I have to wait for NASA cameras to be sold off or is there a way now?
    Does anyone know of successes through the mating of DVD recorders and spotting scopes.

Goal: first class long range varmint movie making.

I can't find a source for information on the state of the art for TERRESTIAL filming.

2. thequickad

thequickad Well-Known Member

I have the Nikon Field Imaging system MX. The MX works with Nikon's Fieldscope series of spotting scopes, the MX is a CCD camera system with about 80X magnification - equivalent to a 4000mm lens - that attaches to the scope in place of an eyepiece. The system is linked to a 4" LCD monitor that also can be linked to a camcorder. The MX system weighs 3 ounces and is powered by four AA batteries or an AC adapter.

3. Randy in Va

Randy in Va Well-Known Member

quickad, I looked into the Fieldscope and it's resolution was too poor for long use.
    You will need high resolution for long range work.

4. *WyoWhisper*

*WyoWhisper* Guest

Sorry guy once you get to 1000 you really start to have problems.. the mirage and high power optics cause alot of the problems...