long range steel targets - suggestions?

For one that is operational and will handle a substantial impact, we used a scrap 12"-600# blind flange. It is supported by 1" galvanized condiut legs. The frame support is 5/8" rebar welded so that it has a v looking down for the pipe legs, and one piece about a foot long welded to the topside of the V to support the cross member. The flange is hanging from two pieces of an old tie down strap that we cut and singed the ends then bolted through two of the holes in the flange.
P4090025.jpg

It gets some pretty nasty dents in it from some of the Allen mag loads but they can easily be ground down and painted over for a lasting target. I have to say however that this one is best left in the field if possible as it weighs a bunch.

Thanks, Capt. David. I'll contact them.

I'm not sure how to do a search on this forum. I tried to do one as suggested on this thread for "AR500" as well as "targets" but did not get anywhere in finding the great suggestions y'all have provided. Do any of you have recommendations for my future searches so that they are more productive. Thanks.
Paul

Thanks, CamW.
I found Kirk since my original post. I just received one of his targets and I am impressed. I can hardly wait to put some bullets on it. I also ordered a target from Robert as Shawn recommended. I have yet to receive it. Thanks, all! You have been a great help.
Paul

homepage.mac.com/pinshootr/PhotoAlbum52.html
I think this might handle anything I throw at it LOL A friend dropped this off to me so I put it to good use

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.