Long Range shooting.....finally

7mmSendaro

I finally got my 7mm Sendero out for some "long range" (to me) shooting. It's not easy to find a place to shoot past 300 yards here in Ilinois but I did and have a rnage set-up now. At 600 yards I shot a 3 shot group measuring 2.25". At 750 the group was right at 5". I think I could have done a little better at 750 but by then the mirage was pretty bad.

This is shoting 168 Berger VLDs at 3030fps. 750 yards was exactly one revolution of the turret on my Leupold 6.5-20 X 50 LR.

1000 yards here I come............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sounds like you had fun and learned a little. what load are you using behind the 168 berger? thanks ron

[ QUOTE ]
1000 yards here I come

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah, you're hooked now. Pretty soon we'll see a post with "1500 yards here I come", and then more and more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pretty soon you'll be calling the 500 yard shots "chip shots". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Sounds like you're finding out about all of the variables, mirage etc., that come into play especially at the longer ranges. Have fun.

you try the Retumbo yet ? I am shooting 71 grains in mine.... I really like it for the temperature changes here in Wyoming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And how about pics of the new paint job ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.