New to Long Range Shooting

DLCampbell

I have been shooting for years but at distances less than 400 yards. I recently purchased a Ruger Precision in a 6.5 Creedmoor. I am waiting on a Vortex FFP scope. My son got me to shooting out to 800 yards when he was home on leave from the military. That was a ton of fun and I have a new hobby. I am also new to reloading as well.

Welcome to the site, I too am fairly new as well. There's a lot of great information on the forums and a multitude of guys who are very knowledgeable and can help new long range shooters like us. You'll love the vortex. I'm on my second and don't regret buying vortex scopes. My first was a FFP Viper PST 4-16 and my second is a Viper PST 6-24-50 SFP. The sfp suits me a lil better because I like the thinner reticle. The ffp wasn't too thick but I feel like I'm more precise on my point of aim with the thinner SFP reticle. Good luck on your journey and enjoy the experience.

DL, welcome to the LRH forum. I thank your son for his service to our Country. Enjoy the site and long range shooting. Anything you need to know is right here, just a question away, very knowledgeable shooters and long range hunters here.

Don Dunlap

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.