long range shooting schools

ltrshooter

I would like to attend a school that teaches long range shooting. I have not found too many schools listed on the net. I am more interested in marksmanship than field craft although I would probably warm up to it. I am an ex Ranger but 50 year old civilian now and would really like to learn some skills. What schools has anyone been to or could recommend? I would be particularly interested in schools around Georgia where I live. Thanks in advance

Although I have not yet attended this school, I have heard many great things about Rifles Only out in Texas.

Last edited:
If your close to Ft Benning join there rifle club. They don't advertise long range training but I'm sure some of the cadre of the sniper school are members. They may have some leads.
John Whidden of Whidden gunworks is from Ga
Whidden Gunworks
Ask at your local gunsmith if neither of these two are close enough for a Saturday BS session

The suggestion to join the Ft. Benning Rifle Club is a good one. I did that a number of years ago and took both rifle and pistol classes there. I learned a lot and had a good time doing it. There were some fantastic marksmen there and a deep pool of knowledge to draw upon.

I am sure that most of the people I was acquainted with at that time have moved on, but I have no doubt that people of the same level of expertise are still there. At the time, they used to have night tactical rifle matches in the summer. If they still do that, I would highly recommend taking advantage of the opportunity.

I know it's not close to Georgia, but 406 Precision in Montana can't be beat. They are absolutely amazing. Their knowledge is astounding and they can convey it so well you just absorb it. I think it's 406precision.com on the web. I would speak with Jason.

Robert

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.