Long Range Rendevoux-----PHOTOS ADDED---SEE POST#72 for details

Re: Long Range Rendevous----thoughts?

LONG RANGE RENDEVOUX----UPDATE

I had postponed doing this since it looked like I would have to have back surgery. Well, that is not going to take place (at least for now) so...............this gathering will take place the 3rd week of May near Carey, Idaho. It would be friday, saturday and sunday the 18th, 19th and 20th.
Here is what it would entail. First of all, it is a long range HUNTING rendevoux---it is NOT a sniper competition. What I am trying to accomplish is getting a bunch of guys together for a weekend of shooting and fun, exchange ideas, styles, equipment, swap meet, "friendly" competitions, etc. It can be whatever we want it to be. We can shoot uphill, downhill (you'll have to hike!) and we can shoot out to at least 1.5 miles or maybe even farther. This is NOT a school. How I envision the targets set up is that some would be a novelty distances but for the most part, they would all be hunting specific. There is alot of knowledge and experience on this site and it would be great to meet some of you and share it all.
The accomodations are this:
400 acre private ranch facililty with dormitory style housing. The dorm has 16 bunks in 7 different rooms, 2 queen beds in two bedrooms, a community room that can hold several cots. I am also trying to get a flatscreen for evening activites---so bring your cd's........ Fire code says 22 people and the dorm has a really nice commercial kitchen. It is a great place to hold an event such as this.
I have several volunteers that will help cook and just in general help out. I have a greek buddy who will be barbecuing a pig over a spit and I'll do ribeyes one night plus we'll provide lunches and breakfasts. Basically it will be a long weekend shooting with your newfound buddies. I live on and manage the ranch for an elderly woman who lives away and she has given me the okay to use it as I wish. The facility was a boys ranch and that is what it is set up for--it is fully licensed and insured.
The cost for this weekend is $300.00. I would ask for a deposit of half up front and I am going to have to limit it to 25 shooters. There is room on the ranch for someone who wants to "tent" it if they wish. I need at least 10 shooters to make a go of it.
When I had originally put out this information, I received a ton of different requests---I don't have the time to list them all nor do I really care to. In any case, the price is set for the weekend, no matter how many lunches, breakfasts, dinners you eat, etc. etc. This is designed for a "guys" weekend, I cannot host children, mother in laws or animals. (I have way too many myself---animals, that is)
This is a "first" and if it goes well, I'll host others down the road.

I can be reached at 208-471-0021 if you wish to chat----I DO NOT TEXT!
My phone is just that---it rings, I pick it up and I talk.

My personal email is [email protected]

Thanks!

Randy

Re: Long Range Rendevous----thoughts?

Randy.....I like the clarity and the setup overall! I think the price is very fair and it sounds like a great time. Unfortunately for me, I will probably not have time off work this year. I will look forward to hearing about the whole event. Good luck and God bless.....Rich

Re: Long Range Rendevoux-----UPDATED 03/20/12 SEE POST#72

Randy, as I told you before whan you started this thread, I am in. I will be in touch and get you my deposit to secure my spot.

Jeff

I have a 2000 yard rock with your name on it.......................
And its uphill.

Randy

I wish I could go but momma is due with our second kid within a few week of that so it looks like I'm going to have to pass unless I can sneak out for a long day and run over there. It's only about 2 1/2 hours from me.

Randy,

Sorry I haven't replied to you email/PM or whatever.

I'm not myself lately...really.

Actually I feel like I went 3 quarters against the Steeler defense all by my lonesome.

Had part of a kidney removed Monday. Can't lift more than 10 pounds for a month. And I don't really give a ****. :D

I'll hold off full commitment at this point and see how my attitude changes.

I would hope to be able to assist with set up and bring some targets but the gongs are way over my 10# limit at this point.:rolleyes:

I'm gonna miss the first MT shoot for sure and that sucks....

Yea you old GEEZER! Get well soon. Did you tell them super glue woul be fine instead of stitches. We need you on the front line against dem WOOFS! {:<)
Hurry up and get back out there.
GOD BLESS! Do what they say and you will be fine.

Roy, sorry to hear about the troubles. Hang in there ---spring is around the corner, hopefully the sun will come out, get a few rounds down range and you'll perk up.
Don't worry about the physical part---we'll be fine. You're welcome to come.
I just have to get that rock up the hill for Broz............

Randy

Get better soon Roy, hang in there you have a woff to kill!

Roy, sorry to hear you are having problems. I'll be praying for you! Don't worry, there is still plenty of time before hunting season:D......Rich

Took these this AM of the "shooting" facilites. The dorm is where everyone attending the rendevoux will be staying and as you can see, there is alot of room and terrain to shoot. Use your imagination! The pivot field is about 1300 yards long and the main "shooting platform" is the rock knob just to the left as you enter the alfalfa field. It is elevated and has a nice flat spot to shoot from.
I think that spring is finally coming.

Randy

P.S.---I tried to get this in the first original post but I guess there is a timeline on editing???

Attachments

• ranch 001.jpg
    ranch 001.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 52
  • ranch 010.jpg
    ranch 010.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 61
  • ranch 003.jpg
    ranch 003.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 59
  • ranch 009.jpg
    ranch 009.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 48
  • ranch 006.jpg
    ranch 006.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 50
  • ranch 012.jpg
    ranch 012.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.