Long Range Rendevoux-----PHOTOS ADDED---SEE POST#72 for details

Re: Long Range Rendevous----thoughts?

I hope this works out well enough to do it again next year. I am stationed in MO and due to my current obligations wont be able to do it, next year i'll be out though! Be a bit of a drive from WA but i think this will be a pretty awesome thing. Happy shooting all! gun)

Hey Randy, Been out looking for wolves for two days so just catching up here. After reading the posts here are the thoughts of what I personally would like to see and participate in.

1: Long Range shooting in as close to hunting scenarios as possible. Like plenty of first round cold bore shooting. You get one shot to do you best either by yourself or with your spotter at a target. You range it, read conditions make corrections and take the shot. This is what I like!! and this kind of shooting always is interesting to watch.

2: If wanted, you could do a two shot shoot. Same as above with a follow up shot. This is good practice in case a follow up is ever needed, and the second shot shound be time limited after the first.

3: ELR,,,, Long shots in all conditions. 1500 plus or a mile or 2000!!

4: Bullet comparisons. This could be done privatly or oginized, but it would be nice to compare some bullets from similar chamberings to see what bucks the wind best by showing actual drift.

5: Equipment comparisons. It has been the year for Rangefinders. Lets put some side by side and set up some tight things to range with ground clutter or obstructions. I would be bringing a PLRF10 and my back up Leica for people to test drive.

6: Some shooting to set the mood for comparison of different ballistic programs. Lets see if those BC that are always posted are correct to way out there. The farther the beter. This could make for some data to be played with and discussed over the evening hours.

7: Drop chart work ups. Some shooting for people to confirm drops at different distances.

I would hope for this to be a great time, as well as a learning experience for all.

PS: Pleae do not take these as demands or trying to run your shoot. They are simply suggestions and thngs I would be willing to do as well as help with if you need it.

Thanks
Jeff

Broz----those are great suggestions and no, i won't take offense to ANY suggestions. As I have said from the beginning, this is gonna be FUN and it will be OUR shoot.
We all can do anything the group wants to do.
For example on my blanket shoot------it will be the best score on two shots. Both cold bore. One between 800 and 1000 yards and one between 50 and 100 yards. Same rifle.

It will be a hoot.
I'm hoping that someone that comes has a long distance rangefinder----I think that we can get out to about 1.5 to 2 miles.

Randy

Broz----those are great suggestions and no, i won't take offense to ANY suggestions. As I have said from the beginning, this is gonna be FUN and it will be OUR shoot.
We all can do anything the group wants to do.
For example on my blanket shoot------it will be the best score on two shots. Both cold bore. One between 800 and 1000 yards and one between 50 and 100 yards. Same rifle.

It will be a hoot.
I'm hoping that someone that comes has a long distance rangefinder----I think that we can get out to about 1.5 to 2 miles.

Randy

I will have a Vectronix PLRF10. A mile is no problem and I can get to about 2900 to 3000 yards in most conditions.

Jeff

I will have a Vectronix PLRF10. A mile is no problem and I can get to about 2900 to 3000 yards in most conditions.

Jeff

:)^^^ I want one of those! Setting up anything outside 1k -1200 with my Leica is a little troublesome.

This really contains some fantastic possibilities, thanks again.

Broz----those are great suggestions and no, i won't take offense to ANY suggestions.
Randy

Thank you Randy, I have been trying to decide how to say this tactfully but I guess I will just spit it out as it has been lightly touched on but not discussed.

Please put a "rule" if you will, together to deal with adult beverages. Now don't get me wrong, I like a cocktail in the evenings as well as the next guy. But there is a time and a place for everything. I will go along with any rule you put up as long as there is no alcohol at all durring the times the range is open or even when firearms are being handled. If a guy wants a beer in the evening after the activities close down and durring conversation times I am cool with that, and may have one also, or not. But I feel you need to address this early. I feel this site if full of professionals and this will not be a problem. But you never know. I want no part of alcohol and shooting and this would include shooting with a hangover. I hope I am not ruffling feathers here but I do feel it is a very valid topic.

Jeff

Broz, no issues whatsover. That topic has already been brought up by another shooter.
And no, there will not be any "spirits" anywhere on the live courses. I won't be a "policeman" (although I was for 22 years.................) and I would HOPE that everyone would use common sense. We'll all talk about that during our introductions and event rules. But in any case, if there are ANY dangerous practices seen, it will be stopped. And folks will be able to embibe in the evening as long as they bring me a Pendelton!

Randy

Thank you Randy, I have been trying to decide how to say this tactfully but I guess I will just spit it out as it has been lightly touched on but not discussed.

Please put a "rule" if you will, together to deal with adult beverages. Now don't get me wrong, I like a cocktail in the evenings as well as the next guy. But there is a time and a place for everything. I will go along with any rule you put up as long as there is no alcohol at all durring the times the range is open or even when firearms are being handled. If a guy wants a beer in the evening after the activities close down and durring conversation times I am cool with that, and may have one also, or not. But I feel you need to address this early. I feel this site if full of professionals and this will not be a problem. But you never know. I want no part of alcohol and shooting and this would include shooting with a hangover. I hope I am not ruffling feathers here but I do feel it is a very valid topic.

Jeff

Jeff.....I would be in total agreement with that and think it is a very wise suggestion.......Rich

My wife wants to attend also and we have our own camper van. Have you decided on a cost for day attendees, camp with meals included/excluded, full ride stay in cabin and meals, etc.

I agree with broz on the alcohol. There are no alcoholic beverages allowed at shooting ranges for a reason. After the shooting I am fine with it. But if you will be shooting at the range I vote for no alcohol during range times.

Hope this works out well for everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts