long range precision calibers.

Wait till you price 500 berger or smk or gawd forbid monometals. Then add in pounds of tumbo or h100 or even worse some VV. Add in hours of bras prep, bullet sorting,charge weighing and load development and wow! My edge is a solid sub .5moa gun I built with a hart barrel on a savage action. People ask me what it cost and I say "$1000 for the gun..$1500 scope...$350 for mounts/rings and about $10k worth of fodder". Extreme LR is EXTREMELY NOT CHEAP. And yes the brass issue between lapua and rum is a wash $$ wise with the advantage going to the lapua if for no other reason than quality.
Dont try to get into 1 mile shooting unless youre ready to spend a bunch of cash. I dont want to discourage anyone but its just not cheap and everything you use has to be top shelf stuff or you are just throwing bullets into the wind. Every shot is at least $2 when you figure in supplies and higher if you add barrel life. LOTTA FUN THO.

you spent alot on that gun... i spent 800 bucks total on my 7mag... everythig is factory besides the stock.... i got a 100 dollar set of glass on top (6-24x50mm) because it was on clearance. and bam i have a sub .35 moa gun... no joke... 100 yards and all three shots were in a group of .34, .31, and .35

Rem 700 VLS model in .308. Put a really good piece of glass on it and it will shoot anywhere you can see!

but you get tumbling bullets at a grand and a half... a mile is pushing the very outer limits of the cartdige... it is a standardized wilcat, they took a 243 and put a 30 caliber bullet on it and BAM you got the .308 winchester

you spent alot on that gun... i spent 800 bucks total on my 7mag... everythig is factory besides the stock.... i got a 100 dollar set of glass on top (6-24x50mm) because it was on clearance. and bam i have a sub .35 moa gun... no joke... 100 yards and all three shots were in a group of .34, .31, and .35

So how does it shoot at a grand? It seems to me you need to take this fine shooting specimen and learn to shoot it to it's effective range at sub MOA accuracy. You'd be way farther ahead spending your dollars on what you have and a pile of powders and bullets!!! Unless of course your already sub MOA at a grand?

So how does it shoot at a grand? It seems to me you need to take this fine shooting specimen and learn to shoot it to it's effective range at sub MOA accuracy. You'd be way farther ahead spending your dollars on what you have and a pile of powders and bullets!!! Unless of course your already sub MOA at a grand?

groups at a grand really vary from about 3 inches to 6 inches still very much under MOA accuracy. :)

well here she is :) :D Dont mind the gun in the background... its my wifes 243...

Attachments

• IMG_0020[1].jpg
    IMG_0020[1].jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Nice looking outfit. What scope?

its an offbrand scope. its from a company called sniper. here its hard to explain ill just copy/paste the stats...

6-24x50 mm Tactical Rifle Scope, Matte Black
Waterproof
Shockproof
Fogproof
Illuminated Red, Green or Blue mil dot reticle with 3 light settings per color
Fully multi-coated optics ensure crystal-clear clarity
Hand-adjustable turrets can be locked in position
1/4" MOA windage / elevation adjustment
F.O.V. @ 100 yds. is 16 1/2' at 6X, 4' at 24X
3-3 1/2" eye relief
Flip-up lens covers and rings included. 1" diam., 1-Pc. tube is 16"l., 20 ozs.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.