savage 12 long range precision

My buddy has this rifle and I did the break in. First 20 rounds. Nice rifle. Tigger and action work nicely and seem accurate enough. I was shooting 130gr factory loads and it was 1 moa at 100 and .75 at 200. No handloads have been worked up yet, not sure what his delay is. LOL.

It is heavy, too much so for me. For bench shooting or if I didn't have to pack the beast it would be awesome. Light recoil, accurate. I would not want to lug that sucker around the mountains though.

My 12 LRP in 6.5 CM is the most accurate and repeatable rifle I have ever shot. Currently its " record" is a 20 round group at 100 yards that was .40 inches center to center.

Got one in .260 love it. low recoil due to the weight it is a beast but great for shooting prone or off a bench. shoots 1/2 moa with match kings and vld's. no regrets here it is worth every penny. I use mine for paper and prairie dogs. someday would like to use it antelope hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.