Long Range on a Budget

AKFISHGUIDE

I finally have my first Long Range package. A Savage Whitetail Hunter in .270 WSM accurized by Scott Null (Savageaccurizing.com) . Ken Ferrel G Force bases and six screw Tactical rings. Nikon Monarch 4 x 16 x 42 with the BDC reticle. Shoots awsome, with groups so far in the .700 range with factory 140 grain Winchester accubonds. My front rest is pretty cheesey and I think the groups will tighten up when I get a better BR. This ended up being a very affordable package with the total being a little less than $1200. shipped to Alaska.

Nice package!

I would suggest spending money on a good swivel bipod like a harris or similar. I never use a BR for my long range rifles. Even on the bench doing load development, I use a bipod.

I always like to sight in and develop a load the same way I am gonna be using the rifle. I have seen POI change going from BR to bipod to sticks, etc. Just my .02

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.