IMG_0673.JPG
    92.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0735.JPG
    IMG_0735.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 14
we had 8 horses Taseko Lakes B C it was in there in the old days .. 1966 to 1988

Here was my favorite. I don't have her anymore. I kind of cry when I think about it. She saved my life a few times by being really smart in some hairy situations. She could have dumped me down the side of a canyon and saved her self easy, but she kept her head, side passed around a cow and got us out alive. Most horses would have dumped me when the herd turned on us and came back to cross the creek again. It happened so fast, she did it on her own.

Once she fought a full grown bull and nearly knocked it unconscious when it came at me. And I could get her to kick and strike on command... Which is pretty rare. But really handy on bad cows.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 13
Reno. Reno was my stallion. I rode him, but he was more like a Begall Tiger than a horse. I would have put him against any racetrack horse and I would put money on him every time... If you found a rider that could handle him.

To say he was hot tempered was an understatement. If I hadn't bought him, he would have been put down, because nobody knows how to deal with ones like him. My dad had one similar, a thoroughbred named Prince, so dad taught me how to get the hot ones to ride well. They only have one speed, don't try to slow them down.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 14
Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.