LONG RANGE HUNTING CLASS

MTM

I GOT TO TAKE SHAWN CARLOCK'S LONG RANGE HUNTING CLASS. IT WAS COLD, RAINY, SNOWY AND WINDY. IT WAS AS CLOSE TO HUNTING WEATHER AS IT GETS. I TOOK MY NEW 260 REM. THAT WAS BUILT BY DEFENSIVE EDGE. AFTER A STORT TIME IN THE CLASS ROOM WE GOT TO SADDLE UP TO OUR RIFLES TO DO SOME SHOOTING. WE ZEROED IN AT A 100 YDS. NEXT WE SHOT 200 YDS. AND ADJUSTED THE SCOPE USING THE ELEVATION KNOB TO BRING THE POINT OF IMPACT IN TO THE BULLEYE. THEN RECORDING THE SETTINGS AND SO ON OUT TO 600+ YDS. BY THE END OF THE CLASS I FELT I COULD READ THE CONDITIONS AND ADJUST THE SCOPE TO THE POINT THAT I WOULD TAKE THE 600+ YD. SHOT ON A GAME ANIMAL IN GOOD CONDIDIONS. WE TALK ABOUT SHOOTING UP AND DOWN HILL AND GOING OUT AND PRACTICING IN THE AREA YOU HUNT. THE CLASS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS I HAVE SPENT SHOOTING. I WOULD TAKE IT AGAIN AND RECOMMEND IT TO ALL WHO SHOOT LONG RANGE OR SHORT RANGE.
GREAT CLASS, WILL SEE YOU AT THE RANGE FOR PART TWO. THANKS FOR A CLASS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I took Shawn Carlock's long range hunting class. As a woman, I was treated with respect but required to handle the same situations as the men in the class. I was shooting a Defensive Edge, 338 Edge. Being as I was a new shooter, (only shooting for 1 year, never touching a gun before) this was a very informative class. I learned what all the "knobs" were for, and how to use them. Starting out zeroing at 100 yards, then adjusting for 200, 300, and 600 using the proper fomulas. The weather was windy and drizzling. I have to admit, hitting those targets at 600 yards was a thrill. I would recommend any woman, or man, to take this class. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Oh, by the way, a few months later I shot my moose, 428 yards, 1 shot, immediate drop. Now that was a thrill.
Debbie

Glad you guys liked the class it was a pleasure having you there. It was fun having Debbie there, for a new shooter she sure tuned up a few of the guys and did a great job.

Hello Shawn,

For us Canadians, do you happen to know of anyone who teaches a similar course as yours up here in Canada? Preferably in Alberta, BC, or Sask.

Thanks

Boy I sure don't. I travel around the Northwest to teach the classes when a group of guys get get together and have me come out. Coming up to your area would not be out of the question.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.