Long range hunting picture thread. please post pics.

something diffrent

Here is one of my rifles it is made in germany by some gunsmith called prechtel
It is one of the most accurate guns I have shot
He makes the action from a solid steel billet and it is a mauser type and Called gs04
The barrell is luthar walther and is chamberd in 338Lapua Magnum
It has his properiaty magazine setup wich is very reliable
The stock is called stockon and I dont relly like it if to be honest I contacted Mcmillan but they are not set up for this action.
The scope is s&b 5-25 with mil scale reticle p-4
I shot it up to 1350 meter with great succes with black hills and SM 250 grain And it was giving very good groups

Last edited:
Snow,

On the 338 AM I went with the HS for 2 reasons weight and I had alluminum to work with in the stock. Going from a 700 inlet to the 1.55" BAT requires a fair amount of work and material removal. I like the alluminum craddle to work with.

LSR 300 Rum

Here is one of Chris' works

It is a trued 700 with a 26" #7 Broughton bbl, McMillan A5 & Karsten CP
HS Precision DBM & trigger guard, Badger Ordnance base, rings, brake
and bolt knob, NightForce NXS 5-22X56 w/NPR1. Not installed is the Harris
BRS 6-9 w/notched legs, Rifle Basix trigger.

It shoot's sub .75" 5 shot groups with factory 200gr ammo.

5n7v4z.jpg

Last edited:
LongShotRifles 243

Here is my latest.

My Dad gave me a Winchester 670 at 14 and it wouldn't group anymore so,

Chris trued the action and installed a 26" #7 Broughton with a 1-8 twist,
McMillan A5 Sniper Fill w/Karsten CP, Badger Ordnance base, rings and bolt knob,
NightForce 8-32X56 NXS w/NPR1, Harris 6-9" BRS & notched legs & pod
loc, Rifle Basix trigger.

Shoots sub .5" 5 round groups with factory 100gr ammo.

2gugwn7.jpg

Last edited:
000_0161.jpg

this is a savage BVSS 308 win. in a joel russo A5L stock. i have only shot it at 110 yards and with black hills match its getting 1/2 moa i did the work myself its pillar and fully bedded. its a stock barrel . the finish is semi gloss urathane tongue oil i get from woodcraft its a wipe on . it has a farrel base super sniper 10x scope burris extreme rings

JIM

Wow, really like that snakeskin job Mr. Carlock, I'm afraid to ask how much it would be to get one myself. Maybe one day I'll be able to afford it....

Shawn,
Thats gotta be in the top 3 of best lookin rifles Ive ever seen! It even looks scary! No need in askin how it shoots!

well, i thought it would be fun to bring back an old thread, and see how many new contributors we could get. this should probably get moved to the gun photos page though...???

Three that I built......all Savage actions and stocks. The next two builds will be 6.5x55 AI's repeaters with heavy sporter barrels in 28" lengths and a couple of 223 AI's in 28" as well.

My shooting buddy's Savage Target action with 32" Rock Creek straight barrel in 338 RUM wearing a Nightforce. Longest deer taken so far, 1209 yards. 300 gr SMK's at 2950 fps.

338RUMSc.jpg

Load workup for the 338, have since switched to Retumbo (700 yard 3 shot group with RL25).

338700yard002.jpg

2nd deer with this rifle - 938 yards - one shot, done deal.

938yardA.jpg

My shooting buddy's Savage Target action with 32" Rock Creek 5R barrel in 6.5x55 AI. 142 gr SMK's at 2980 fps.

65x55AISa.jpg

Built this one for me. Savage single shot long action, 32" Rock Creek 5R barrel, in 6.5x55 AI. I use H4831 and 142 gr SMK's.

65x55AIA.jpg

Shot this 700 yard group on 1-1-09 in the wind (no kidding).

700yd65x55AI.jpg

Last edited:
7wsm rebuilt model 70 with pacnor SS supermatch #4 contour 26" barrel, timney trigger and bedded winchester classic laminate stock with decelerator pad. Recently re-scoped with a black diamond 4-16x50.

Shooting retumbo with berger 168 VLD, loaded about 2900fps for accuracy, also H4831sc with 150gr ballistic tips at about 3100fps for accuracy.

Shoots much nicer now than the original ultimate shadow factory gun, and cleans up easy too. No brushing needed, just mops & patches...

7mm004.jpg

Just finished a paint job on this one:

It used to look like this:
332Sky-Shot-to-work-on-med.jpg

Wanted to get more of a New Mexico look to it to blend in with the local colors. Kind of different but my wife likes it.:rolleyes:
Rifle-on-Rock.jpg

Rifle--Elk-Droppings.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts