Long range ammo?

hutner3421

I recently joined the forum hoping to get some insight and pointers into long range shooting. I am looking at eventually getting into competive long range shooting, so hope to get some tips from you all. I am currently focusing on my ammo. I am curious if there is a factory loaded round that I can purchase that has consistant BC ( balistic coeficient) out of the box. I am also considering loading my own ammo. I know that loading my own is less expensive in the long run. I have never loaded my own ammo, so this is why I am inquiring into factory loaded ammo. I am shooting a .308 out of a remington 700 base with a 26" barrel having a 1 in 12 twist. I am currently shooting right at 1 MOA with inexpensive Win and Rem ammo, but almost always end up with a flyer about every 4th or 5th round. Obviously want to get sub MOA grouping and understand that I will have to do some more mods to my rifle before I can achieve this, but want the best oppurtunity with what I have.

I would appreciate any suggestions or input and if there is any additional info needed......please ask.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.