Lone Wolf stocks feedback

G

Could I have some feedback from anyone using these stocks currently?
Quality; value; finish strenght and accuracy potential?
Thanks in advance!
APB

I have one of the LW laminated stocks on a 338 Lapua Ack Improved. bought the gun used and the finish was terrible, but that was due to the guy putting it together. Other than that as good as most it seems.

Rutland Plywood makes almost 100% of the laminated wood used by all the US stock makers. So strength of wood for all is very good and no difference no matter who you buy from.

The quality is inherently in the stockmakers pattern for cutting and shaping the stock from the blank cut from a very large sheet that he buys. After that it is the gunsmith on final inletting, shaping, sanding and finish.

I have 4 LR guns built on laminates, one lone wolf and 3 Bruce Baer. I personally think Bruces stocks are as good if not better than most and normally cheaper, he has 25 stock patterns and his prices for light gun inletted is $245

BH

[ 10-08-2004: Message edited by: BountyHunter ]

Thanks Bounty Hunter
I apprecate your reply however I was particularly interested in their glass or carbon stocks as I have been considering their Howler in particular.
APB

I have one of their Ultra Tactical stocks. I really like it, the ergonomics and grip size are very comfortable to me. I had them bed the barreled action with their carbon fiber bedding job. This was done about 3-4 years ago, still looks as good as new. The rifle is a 6.5X.284 so it's not a particularly punishing caliber but it's not like it's a .22lr either. The barrel is a little out of proportion at 30". I wish the stocks' forend was a little longer (MBR style). However, with the 23" 6PPC barrel, it looks just right.

057377.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

I'd use 'em again.

Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts