Locktite marine epoxy and what release agent

bluedog69

I am going to try to find some Locktite marine epoxy at a local store to bed a rifle.
Rem 700 in a synthetic SPS style stock. I think that is what it is called. It may be a BDL. 25-06.
Anyway I am wondering if anyone has tried this Locktite marine epoxy and what you used for a release agent.
Thanks in advance.

I have used MarineTex epoxy with clear shoe polish. Worked well.
I think the Locktite may be more like a liquid. Is this the marine Tex? I may have found some about 50 miles away.
F11B1803-693C-477A-8C2B-6BAE8E25132A.jpeg

The active release agent in Kiwi, Johnson's floor wax and other polishes that work well is Carnauba wax. If you can get some paste Carnauba for hardwood or for cars it works great. I have a can that is 100% Carnauba that is over 40 years old and has been used on many hundreds of bedding jobs. Still barely made a dent. Apply one coat, let dry 20 minutes, buff off to a shine. Apply second coat, let dry 30 minutes buff off. Will give you a mirror finish in Marine Tex, Devcon, Jb, Accraglass, Microbed or any other bedding agent I have used.

That is exactly correct. That is what they look like if you don't buff the wax. Doesn't hurt anything, I just think the shiny finish looks more professional and appealing.
I didnt know that you could buff it out and it would still release.

The active release agent in Kiwi, Johnson's floor wax and other polishes that work well is Carnauba wax. If you can get some paste Carnauba for hardwood or for cars it works great. I have a can that is 100% Carnauba that is over 40 years old and has been used on many hundreds of bedding jobs. Still barely made a dent. Apply one coat, let dry 20 minutes, buff off to a shine. Apply second coat, let dry 30 minutes buff off. Will give you a mirror finish in Marine Tex, Devcon, Jb, Accraglass, Microbed or any other bedding agent I have used.
What brand is your carnauba wax?

I have seen som say that mothers liquid carnauba wax is great and I have heard the same of Johnson's.

Just wondered what brand yours was?

Yup I have a couple of boxes of that. I haven't used it yet but to my knowledge that is it. Or at least I hope so because I have two boxes lol.
Well I had to drive an hour and a half to get it but I have two boxes of the marine-tex now too. :D