loads for 7 STW

cfish36

I recently bought a rem 700 sendero 7mm rem mag that has been rechambered to a 7stw and I am trying to develop a load. I am trying for accuarcy with a 175 sierra match king. Since the Game king is so close to the same size I should be able to use it for hunting, but the rest of the year I shoot brench rest. The four powders I have heard the most about are:
hodgdon h100
Hodgdon Retumbo
IMR 7828 and
Reloader 25

I am also thinking about trying nosler's accubond and ballistic tip.

I have found several loads that people have posted on the net, but would like to get more opinions.

Any info would be great
Thanks

Try searching for this caliber hear on this site. There have been numerous threads on this caliber and many suggestions.

My Hunting load
H1000 82 grn
140 grn Accubond
CCI Magnum primer

Target load
IMR 7828 77.5 grn
150 grn SMK
CCI Magnum primer

Haven't loaded 175 grn SMK yets and haven't seen many published loads on it either. Good luck with your new gun you'll love it.

my hunting load is 140 gr nolser bt pushed by 75.5 gr of H4831 I have no idea on speed of this load but my remy 40x shoots nice tight clover leaf groups with it and Iv never had a deer go more than three feet straight down after being hit with it gun)

I finally was able to shoot my handloads but after shooting unreliable groups I took my gun to get bore scoped. I found that the gun was very poorly taken care of and the throat is heat checked and the barrel is pitted. I am going to try dave tubb's final finish to see if I can clean it up. After of course I use J-B bore cleaner to soak up all of the fowling. I have found a guy locally who will cut some threads off and rechamber my barrel to see if that will clean up the throat but I think that is a last resort. Any advise would be appreciated!!! I none of that works it is either a custom barrel in 300 win mag or a new tikka t3 in 300 win mag

Sorry that was kind of in the wrong thead but thought I would update everyone on my findings. Back to the topic at hand I have not found but 1 or 2 people that use a 175 gr. bullet, and also that the 160 gr. bullet has a lot better ballistics than the 175 gr. (at least in 7 stw).

160 Tsx 7stw

The 175 SMK did not group as well on a consistent basis due my rate of twist. The 200 gr. key holed at 100 yards.
I shoot the 160 gr Barnes Triple shock in my Weatherby Accumark factory 1-9.5 twist using IMR -7828 the load is in the Barnes book. I run them above 3200fps..accuracy is unbelievable. It performs very well on game also. 3.667 OAL

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.