175 MK in 7 STW Accumark Loads

Freebore

I have recently purchased an Accumark in the 7 STW and looking for LRH loads using the 175 Sierra Match King. Which brass, primer, powder w/charge and OAL would be great. (trying to save some barrel wear) Thanks for your time!

The worse part about the 7STW is getting quality brass. I've been told that you can reform Norma 300Wby brass but I've never tried it. Midway sells Winchester brass in 7STW and that may be a good place to start. I have used mostly readily available Rem brass and it has produced small groups when properly prepped.

I use Fed 215 match primers in all of my 7STW loads with good results.

Max charges of H1000 & Retumbo worked very well with the 162hr A-Max and should be good choices with the 175MK as well. My rifle shot best with the bullets loaded .005"-.010" into the rifling but that is something you'll need to experiment with in your rifle.

Hope this helps - Charlie

Freebore, you may want to try 160 accubonds in that weapon. I use a max load 80.2 grains of retumbo and it shoots real well. If you want a heavy, high BC bullet, then the 176 Cauterucio with .750 BC is the way to go.

Hooha! that is some BC. The Sierra's have 608 according to the ballistician there. I've had goodresults with other Sierra MK's. I could not get the 200 Accubonds to shoot in my 30 cal. I have heard of good results in the STW though as you already know. Tommorow is barrel break-in at the range.
I will give those 160's a try. Thanks.
How about some good brass, I have some federal right now. looking for some 8mag good stuff.!

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't the 300 H&H a little short compared to the B mag parent case of the 7 STW?

[/ QUOTE ]

No the 300/375 H&H is the Parent case of the 8mm Rem mag.
You can make 8mm Rem mag or 7mm STW from either.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.