7mm STW loads

Kcmarullo

hello all I am new here and looking for some advice, I have a custom rifle with a 26'' shilen barrel, so far this is what i have to reload, fed 215 primers , 140gr nosler ballistic tips, reloader 22 powder,do any of you have a good starting load or a good load with this recipe? thanks

7mm STW, 79gr start load and work up Retumbo powder, Fed 215, Rem cases, 160gr bullet, you should get between 3250-3300fps with final load, great all round performance for everything.

thanks Rocky mountain, I will eventually go to the Berger 168gr for long range shooting, right now I am looking for a good load to shoot hogs with I am having trouble finding info online for this reloader22 for the 140 gr

With 140's,I shoot 80.0grs of Reloader-22.Every rifle is different,so always start low and work your way up.These are book loads from when the 7STW first came out,pre 7Ultra Mag days.

Attachments

• 7mmstwHodgdon.jpg
    7mmstwHodgdon.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 95
  • 7mmstwIMRHercules.jpg
    7mmstwIMRHercules.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 7mmstwIMR.jpg
    7mmstwIMR.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 100
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.