Loads for 240 smk in a 300 rum

MadMike

Looking to load some 240s in a rum and can't find alot of data... That being said I'm using 1-10 Twist and will need them to hover 2900fps or so to stabilize....post your loads and I will start with a reduced load and work up... Thanks in advance tried search the forums but my phone is being ridiculous!

You can try reloaders nest if you don't get any response. I think along time ago I seen a few on there for the 240SMK out of the 300rum. Best bet I would think is using RL33 and starting some where about 3 grains below book max for something like retumbo and working up from there 1 grain increase at a time. I shoot a 230 berger with 89.3 grns and this is over book max. A lot of guy it varied from mid 90s to 101 for RL33 with the 230's. The guys that are near 100 or above are using custom lengths and throats I believe in there rifles so I would expect to see pressure sooner on a stock rifle. Also if the bearing surface is longer on the 240's and I would think it would be than the 230's then expect to see pressure sooner also.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.