Load for Berger 210gr VLD in 300 win mag sendero

Trappernewt

I'm looking for some load data for a Remington 700 Sendero chambered in 300 Win Mag. I plan on using the Berger 210gr VLD. I've heard that they are finicky with OAL and I was hoping someone would be generous enough to share some loads that perform well out of theirs. Thanks

my friends and I have loaded a for a bunch of 300 wm senderos. the 210 berger has been awesme. many use 72 re-22 and wlrm ... 030 off

I seat Berger 210's .020" off the lands in my Rem 700 Milspec. Two loads that produce .25-.5MOA.
79gr Retumbo 2900FPS (my preferred load)
75.5gr H1000 2825FPS
Norma brass, Fed215 Match primers. .335 Redding bushing
ES for both loads is under 12FPS
I would work up loads that are reduced by 2grs.

Trapper what type of brass are you running? The offerings from RWS and PPU have less case capacity than Win or Norma. With Win and norma start at 73 with RWS or PPU start at 71 of H1000 it has been very good to me at 76 and 74 grains respectively. Always weight your cases.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

I ordered some Nosler brass. I'm new to reloading so what is the best way to figure out where the bullet meets the lands?

The nosler brass I have weighs approx. 215 grains on average the PPU weighs approx. 235 grains. Check your weight before starting if the brass is in the 215 gr range I would start at 73 grains of H1000 and work up in half grain increments.

Your max will vary dependent on case length. Is the sendero limited in case length like my model 700's? If so I would anticipate max at 76. My accuracy with H1000 and the 215 hybrid is fantastic the 210 is good as well both in a weatherby accumark. I was not limited in case length at all. I was using either 215 or 215M primers.

Be sure and let us know your results

Bob

The nosler brass I have weighs approx. 215 grains on average the PPU weighs approx. 235 grains. Check your weight before starting if the brass is in the 215 gr range I would start at 73 grains of H1000 and work up in half grain increments.

Your max will vary dependent on case length. Is the sendero limited in case length like my model 700's? If so I would anticipate max at 76. My accuracy with H1000 and the 215 hybrid is fantastic the 210 is good as well both in a weatherby accumark. I was not limited in case length at all. I was using either 215 or 215M primers.

Be sure and let us know your results

Bob

All 700 long actions should have the same internal magazine length, regardless of standard, magnum, or ultra magnum.

Just recently started using the Berger vld's in my sender land very happily found a longer than expected magazine box. I have at this time got a coal bullet of 3.885 with no problems in the magazine+3. I've got good results with the 185 grain vld's on top of r22 at 74.6 grains. Being from south Arkansas with weird to say the least temps I'm in the process of waiting impatiently for an order of H1000 to be delivered. Have a good load with the r22 but don't like the temp sensitivity. Will be playing more with a little more length on the bullets with the new powder! After trying the new ELDX to NO avail at all I'm very happy with the Berger bullets so far.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.