lines on wildcats bullets

bigrich954rr

on the bullet close to the tip there are lines. i guess from forming the jackets. never seen this before Just want know why

I can't answer the why ?, but can tell you that they are on Bergers and some Sierras as well. I think it has to do w/the copper folding over itself when forming the point.

It is on a lot of bullets. Nothing to be concerned about in the least. Like bill said, i think it is formed when the tip is swaged.

steve

They're an aerodynamic enhancement, kinda like the dimples on a golf ball. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That crazy Canuk up north figured out a way to make his bullets more aerodynamic and efficient. However, the effect only works in the northwestern states, so you'd probably better just send them to me and I'll dispose of them for you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts