Leupold VX-III vs Mark 4 Long Range Scopes

The main difference for me is the availability of the TMR reticle in Mark 4 but not LRT III.
The TMR offers excellent fine crosshairs along with 1/2 mildot hashs allowing fine windage hold off. I always raneg and dial for elevation but wind is so changeable I hold off for wind each shot.
This reticle allows fine repeatable results and I combine it with the Leupold Mark 4 spotter with the same reticle so my spotter can communicate in the same increments.
APB

The mark 4 has dual erector springs to handle heavy recoil as generated by the .50 bmg. I have 3 vx3's and a couple mark 4's and the mark 4's seem to have an edge in clarity but all are excellent imo.

Having used both in 8.5-25 x 50 configuration I would say that the Mark 4 definitely has less edge distortion than the LRT VXIII especially on the highest power setting.
My VXIII was a few years older than the current Mark 4 I have however the Mark 4 appears brighter. Both have good contrast.
The externally adjustable turrets suit my constant dialling as well.
APB

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts