VX3 Long Range vs. Mark 4????

Jumpalot

I'm looking for a scope for a new long range hunting rifle I'm having built. So, what's the big difference between the two? It looks like I can have knobs and a reticle added to the VX3 LR and it will be less expensive than the Mark 4 with same knobs and reticle. I want the M1 knobs and Mil-Dot reticle. Are the Mark 4's built better? Do they track more accurately? Any info would be great.
Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for a scope for a new long range hunting rifle I'm having built. So, what's the big difference between the two? It looks like I can have knobs and a reticle added to the VX3 long range and it will be less expensive than the Mark 4 with same knobs and reticle. I want the M1 knobs and Mil-Dot reticle. Are the Mark 4's built better? Do they track more accurately? Any info would be great.
Thanks in advance.

I have both. Mark 4 is built stronger. I haven't used my VX-3's enough as far as clicks but the glass is the same on both. My Mark 4's track great (just haven't used hte 3's enough to determine).
I would suggest the TMR reticle over the standard mil-dot-check out the website to see the difference--Allows you to be more critical both in mil-ranging and in shot placement.
What cartridge for the LR rig?

I don't own any of the MK4's but my VX111 LR track very well. I shoot them out to 1k and haven't had any problems with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.