Leupold scope ??

Leupold scopes

Leupold.

Used to use a slogan that said "Made right made here".

Now it's, "America's optics authority"

Maybe the reason they aren't right is that they aren't made here? I'm wondering how much of their product is outsourced?

Maybe far east like Taiwan or China. Makes me wonder if they order parts or spec'ed out optics from foreign mfg's.

Scott,
It is in fact the same scope. I determined a couple of things.
1. The rear base had slipped.
2. I did not shoot my box test at exactly 100 yards.
3. Leupold scopes have some backlash in the tracking. Aparantly this was rather common knowledge to everyone but me.

I did in fact use the rifle and scope on the hunt succesfully. It has served duty on the rifle until I was able to upgrade to a Nightforce for the last season. It held zero and tracked as it should through many hundreds of rounds. As you can see, the glass is also in perfect condition.

There is NO issue with the scope. My needs have simply changed. Also, as you should know, the reciept is in the box. If a repair was necessary (none are) there would be no cost.

If you take issue with this, return my stuff. I'll do likewise. The rifle is still at the shop. I haven't touched it yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.