Leupold MK4 4-14x or 6-20x

I'm old school. I prefer SFP and dialing so all the extra features of these new scopes dont really matter to me any. I just want good glass and repeatable turrets. I am not a vortex fan at all, so they are not even a consideration for me. What scope in the $800-$1000 range has comparable le glass and turret repeatability as the MK4? I am partial to leupold, not only because they are in my home state of OR, but because my family and I have used then for over 40 years with absolutely ZERO issues. From the vari x ii 3-9s to the MK4 8-25. The only thing I dont care for is the 3x magnification range, but I've gotten pretty good and used to the 6-18s and 6-20s for where and what I hunt/shoot. Some good info here. I am 35 years old with pretty good vision, but I have noticed my eyes arent quite what they were in my teens and 20s, price of getting old I guess ha.

I'm old school. I prefer SFP and dialing so all the extra features of these new scopes dont really matter to me any. I just want good glass and repeatable turrets. I am not a vortex fan at all, so they are not even a consideration for me. What scope in the $800-$1000 range has comparable le glass and turret repeatability as the MK4? I am partial to leupold, not only because they are in my home state of OR, but because my family and I have used then for over 40 years with absolutely ZERO issues. From the vari x ii 3-9s to the MK4 8-25. The only thing I dont care for is the 3x magnification range, but I've gotten pretty good and used to the 6-18s and 6-20s for where and what I hunt/shoot. Some good info here. I am 35 years old with pretty good vision, but I have noticed my eyes arent quite what they were in my teens and 20s, price of getting old I guess ha.
"....35 years old with pretty good vision....." You ain't seen nothing yet sonny. :) :) Wait til you're on the short side of 70, even with store bought eyes (cataracts) you won't have 20s vision. We don't appreciate youth and good health til it's gone.......guess no reference yet when young. Youth is wasted on the young. They don't appreciate it yet...not enough life perspective. Too soon old; too late smart. Give the Sig Tango4 series a serious look. Available in black now versus only gray initially. I liked the gray on Titanium Gray rifles....Tikka T3x Tac A1 et el. Glass on par with Mark 4. I've found repeatability to be as well. Plus extra features you just might learn to like....as you age. :) :) Zero stop is crucial. Illumination might help with that once in a lifetime shot in shadows at dusk. 4x magnification......4-16, 6-24. Great value, performance, feature rich, little known secret in optics. Some patient shopping will get the 6x magnification Tango6 4-24.....has the in scope LevelPlex anti-cant feature........very under rated for preventing rifle cant.

Looked into the Sig Tango4 series and seeing too many mixed results for my liking. The Tango6 is out of my price range and has to many features I either dont like, or will never use on a hunting rifle anyway. I never did feel the zero stop was crucial, it's not that hard to remember how many MOAs and revolutions you've dialed. I've never forgot in 20 years anyway. I think I'll just stick with what I like and know that works, the MK4. Going to go with the 4-14x after all since it's going on a 240 Wby or 280 Rem and neither will rarely see shots over 800 on game. Plus it's only $700 right now at Midwayusa. Thanks for the insight fellas!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.