Leupold 20x

Utah Shotgunner

In a pawnshop today I came across a Ruger #3 .22-250 with a FIXED 20x Leupold.

I have seen the variables, but not the fixed 20x. Google and a couple of other quick searches didn't turn up much.

Thoughts on this scope? They will separate it from the rifle. "Make an offer" was the asking price. What would you think would be fair offer? I would put it in 98%+ condition with one sunshade and no lens covers. I couldn't measure it, but I would guess it had a 38-44mm objective.

Well I aint a expert but I havent heard of a fixed 20x leup. there are some fixed MK-4's in 10 and 16 power and one other I cant think of.

I also dont know of a leup with a objective end measurment between 38-44mm other than the 40mm.

you got a scope i havent heard of.

steve

Interestingly enough I found two of these 20x on Ebay. One for sale now, and one that sold a while back.

The 38 to 44 was an estimate as I had no way to measure it. I now believe it to be 40mm.

Sounded at first like its an older Mark 4 with 40mm front bell, side focus with handlapped lenses. Not that many were made most were military and have some name on them somewhere which i cant think of.

If thats the one piccied above it might be a BR. Looks like an EFR or Vari X 3, but Leupold have made specials and one offs. BR36 have seen go for around $250. It should say on the front bell gold ring what it is.

Leupold made a few 16X and 20X Fixed 40 mm Scopes maybe 30 Years or so back . They were both 40mm Objectives . The 16X is my favorite Pdog Scope . I also have the 20X , but have not used it yet . Image resolution is top notch for both . About as good as you can get today . There were problems in adjusting the Reticle sharp because both these scopes were stretched 12X's , but every one I have sent back to Leupold for the Reticle problem was fixed for free . Leupolds Service in my experience has been outstanding ! Generally these copes go for $250-$350 and even more if as New -in-Box. They are also collectors items . Offer $200 and if you get it for that , Smile like the Chesire Cat !!! I would be interested in it if you are not . The Reticles were usually very fine Crosshairs with or without Small Dot . /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.