Mk4 8.5x25 Leupold

Jimm

Okay!, Went and done it.Bill Bailey fixed me up with a loopy mk4 with the tmr reticle ( still trying to wrap my head around all that )Out of the box I'm counting 42 moa up and 39 down,1000 yds = 10" per moa drop 220smk@2700fps -325" @1000, 32 Moa ,yes? Do I need a angled base?BTW Bill Bailey does what he says he will! 1k is going to be my goal for a long time ,I'm just wondering , do I need more elevation ability? Thanks guys , y'all are the best, God Bless , Jim

325" equals more like 31moa, 1 moa is just over an inch.
Your scope has enough adjustment to make it to 1000yds but beind close to the top of the adjustment you will have less windage adjustment. I don't think this will be a problem but if you are going to do alot of shooting at 1000yds I would get a 20moa base, that would put your scope adjustment closer to the center.
JMHO,
Wayne

Of course u could also use one of the TMR stadia as a second zero for your comeups to 1000. The 4th line should net u about 14 minutes of trajectory compensation for an easily defineable 2nd zero.That's 1 of the nice features of that reticle is the fact that it provides a more exact sighting reference, that allows the mil system to double as a ballistic reticle.

Hi Jimm,
I have the same scope but with the standard Mil-dot, with a 185grn Scenar at 2890 out of my 300WSM i needed (coincidently) 31 minutes of elevation from my 100yrd zero to be on at 1000yrds.
According to Leupold specs there are 36 moa of adjustant either way and because of this i fitted a 20moa Farrel base right from the start.

Ian.

"I mean't to shoot the pike but the duck got in the way"

Jim,

I'd go with the 20 MOA base as well. Even if you have enough to make it to 1000 I would bet at some point, you will be wanting a little more. Why limit yourself when you don't have to?

I finally got some trigger time with my 300 RUM w/the same scope mounted and my new A5 stock. I'll take some pics and post a review on the scope and stock (for real this time) this week. I will say that I absoulutly love the TMR!!!

B.J.

Oh, and thanks for the kind words. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.