Leupold 3-9 x 40 Rifle Scope

a little expensive for a shotgun, I would just spend 70-80 bucks on a buschnell "shotgun" scope, and call it a day. Otherwise I think the leopold is a perfectly acceptable scope, I have a few, just would never but them on my slug gun.

Zimm, Which model of Leupold ? They make three in 3X9X40. I personally wouldn't use anything below the VXII since the others have friction adjustments and may move not stay in sighted-in with the recoil. That's an awful expensive scope for a shotgun. Just a thought.

Zimm,

The Mueller line of scopes are very nice scopes for the money. We have many customers that have purchase the Multi-shot 2-7x32 for their shotguns and muzzleloaders and have been very satisfied.

The Tact II is a great scope also. It is better optically than the Sport Dot series. The new Tact II is produced in Japan with some very nice optics.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.