Elite 4200 2.5-10 x 40 or Elite 3200 3-9 x 50 with 30mm tube?

For all around hunting, I would take the Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40. If you are planning on taking long shots than you may need the 30mm for more elevation.

I put a Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 on my 257 weatherby and found it worked well. The only problem is it does not have target turrets for dialing in your long range shots. I moved it to a 22-250 walk around wood chuck gun and put another scope with target turrets on he Weatherby.

Other than the lack of target knobs I liked the 4200. The adjustments were repeatable. The optics clear and I could pick out (and ocasionally hit!) the clay pigions out to 710 yards at 10X. Definatly enough magnification for a 5-600 yard deer gun.

T3,

I am assuming you are refering to the Illuminated Dot one. It is a nice scope, but I am not a big fan of the German #4 reticle, which this scope has. Also, during fading light, the illumination dial needs to be turned up very high to even start seeing the green illuminated dot. Other than that the scope is clear and a great scope.

for the money i think the busnells elites have it going on, i have a 4200 on my 22-250 andi just mounted a 3200 firefly 3x9 on my 7400 rem 30-06 for deer and it is sweet,, ps the rain gaurd is a very nice feature also, and they throw in a cool leather and canvas optics bag to boot,,,
grin.gif
grin.gif

I am fairly new to scopes but I believe that "When you're on a good thing, stick to it". I currently have 10x40mm Elite 3200 as well as 3-9 x 40 Elite 3200 and I am very happy with their performance. Accordingly, I have decided to get Bushnell Elite for what will be my first "big bore" (300 win mag most likely – and yes, I know it is not a true "big bore") rifle. Looks like Elite 4200 2.5-10 x 40 is the one to get.
smile.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.