Leupold 3-9 x 40 Rifle Scope

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by ZIMM, Dec 21, 2005.

1. ZIMM

ZIMM Well-Known Member

What do you guys think about using this for a shotgun scopes. Also has anyone used Muller scopes?
    Z

2. 7ultra

7ultra Well-Known Member

a little expensive for a shotgun, I would just spend 70-80 bucks on a buschnell "shotgun" scope, and call it a day. Otherwise I think the leopold is a perfectly acceptable scope, I have a few, just would never but them on my slug gun.

3. wapiti13

wapiti13 Well-Known Member

Zimm, Which model of Leupold ? They make three in 3X9X40. I personally wouldn't use anything below the VXII since the others have friction adjustments and may move not stay in sighted-in with the recoil. That's an awful expensive scope for a shotgun. Just a thought.

4. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

Zimm,

The Mueller line of scopes are very nice scopes for the money. We have many customers that have purchase the Multi-shot 2-7x32 for their shotguns and muzzleloaders and have been very satisfied.

5. ZIMM

ZIMM Well-Known Member

6. Jon Jackoviak

Jon Jackoviak Well-Known Member

The Tact II is a great scope also. It is better optically than the Sport Dot series. The new Tact II is produced in Japan with some very nice optics.