Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

Hubel458
I don't think the Atacr will get you to 2 miles without some help.
Can you elaborate on the ring and rail setup used to reach out that far.

Hubel458
I don't think the Atacr will get you to 2 miles without some help.
Can you elaborate on the ring and rail setup used to reach out that far.

One rig I have is a 20 MOA rail with Burris Signature Zee rings with +20 in back and -20 in front, 60 MOA total preload. That gives a closest zero of 700 yards. With that setup the Nightforce will make about 2500 yards with no hold over.

That still won't make 2 miles and neither will th 338 Edge it's on.

so

As mentioned the 375 Warlord is looming bright and there is the 50 DTC.

The DTC is a flat top receiver so I or the manufacturer could make as much angle into the rail as there is metal available. Still, I don't think that will cut it to 2 miles (3520 yards)

The action for the Warlord is a bit unique. 1.55" in diameter. It is drilled for weaver bases. I can make some sort of rail adapter with as much angle as there is metal available. I have a good working example of how to do it on my 6BR. Still, I don't think that will cut it.

The real solution, IMO and yes. I'm just moving from 1000 to beyond, is: Cold Shot MOAB 150 if you have lots of MOA in your bases and/or rings, 300 if not. Cold Shot Scope Base System - MOAB 150 and M1A/M14 or a similar system.

I think he used tapered 20 min rail and some on the rings.

The Warlord and Lethal with right bullets need less than 120

minutes elevation at 2 miles. Everyone welse even 50s needed 150 min

some much more.Ed

I think he used tapered 20 min rail and some on the rings.

The Warlord and Lethal with right bullets need less than 120

minutes elevation at 2 miles. Everyone welse even 50s needed 150 min

some much more.Ed
He must have had enough in the rail and rings for a 1000 yard zero.

With that, yup most calibers will need +150 more MOA. I don't know any scope that can dial 120 MOA. Hold over can work. I practice it with a 22LR so that when I need it for something bigger I am prepared.

3420 yds is a challenge if you wish to dial in the distance from a zero. From a 400 yd zero with my AM .375 at 3300fps SMK 350gr it needs 185 MOA. I shoot fairly regularly at 2200 yds and even if zeroed for the distance the scope would still need some 110MOA. I use a 10-50 S&B but that takes me only out to 2200 yds without holding over. You could get one of the new scopes that has 100-120 range but none have adequate magnification. I have a Valdata Terminator but not experience to comment; the new 40X Crusader has a larger range and may be a reasonable scope. I m interested if anybody has tried it. I use a 5-25S&B for my Snipetac which is my carry hunting rifle. I would not worry about weight as far as recoil with a good muzzle brake. Its not an issue. My 7lb 45-70 at 2050 fps with 405 gr it is ! I ve never tried the micrometer adjustable bases but I suspect that would give you the range but then you ll have to use ranging shots to get on target accurately. I doubt one could dial in with confidence of MOA accuracy and repeatability. theoretically with no wind at 2 miles the rifle at best could group 8" groups but I doubt it it would happen with current tech. Steerable laser guided bullets is a different matter.

My reworked reamer for the Warlord test gun be here next week

Does Smk 350 have as high BC as 402 CEBs.Ed

Ed I find to match ballistic curves the SMk works best at .76 but also differs between the rifles. I m waiting for something like a Warlord from Dave Viers at Snipetac but I m not sure I ll get it. 585 case but .416 caliber. He made a few. Jeff thanks for the info. No reply from Dave. I ll pay $500 for the reloading dies etc for a Snipetac .375 if you know of somebody wants to part with one.

We are doing a 375 HE which will have slightly different specs for case and reamer

than the other 2 375s, Other didn't have time to make numbers of cases

needed and wanted them proprietary. 375HE is public domain. Reamer info which will

be at makers this week and published on 100 forums, on FB , all public domain.

Case shallower 30 deg shoulder, little bigger shoulder, different length measurements.

We will be making cases in large numbers, got orders for big numbers from

guys building mainly ELR guns. Got a few cases done for testing already.

Test gun ready so we can find best powder, highest speed next few weeks. Ed

Let this be a lesson to all wildcatters out there who care about their cartridge designs and want to protect them ......

NEVER EVER post your cartridge dimensions/reamer prints on public forums as I just did recently, once you do, it is simple for another unscrupulous party to tweak a few numbers rename it and steal your design and boast about it as it's their own remarkable innovation and achievement, when it is nothing more than theft of intellectual property, when stuff like this happens in the corporate domain, huge lawsuits follow and drag on for years

Let this be a lesson to all wildcatters out there who care about their cartridge designs and want to protect them ......

NEVER EVER post your cartridge dimensions/reamer prints on public forums as I just did recently, once you do, it is simple for another unscrupulous party to tweak a few numbers rename it and steal your design and boast about it as it's their own remarkable innovation and achievement, when it is nothing more than theft of intellectual property, when stuff like this happens in the corporate domain, huge lawsuits follow and drag on for years

I see a pattern. You post your ideas and heavily market the "idea", but get frustrated when people become interested in it. It also seems that when people aren't clamoring over eachother to buy into your marketing, you get frustrated that your ideas are just too good for everyone to appreciate.. If you want to successfully market your wildcats why not wait until you have the resources to feed the demand(which you created) and then provide guns, ammo, brass and dies to the interested parties.

There's very few new ideas in wildcating. In fact, I have a few reamer prints that I drew up 3 years ago that's use a HE case necked down to .458, .416 and .375. I'm not mad about other people having the same idea.

Its called wildcatting, mine may be not be as good as others. But it may be.

He is going with Warlord beltless using beltless brass, which

is fine, and the guys wanting beltless get with him, No need to fight, need

to get guns done so that there is 100 guys or more at 2 mile next summer, Ed

Attachments

• 2aaaaa375he.jpg
    2aaaaa375he.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 26
I've traveled the world. I learned a high level of tolerance. A high desire to work together.

Crowd sourcing a wildcat will work as well as crowd sourcing software as long as the originator actually releases the work into the crowd. The originator does not loose the pride of originating the design/concept but the fruition is achieved faster with crowd support.