Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

Yes, our guy in Alaska has released it to public for a while to get guys started

so it is best to get your order in right away.that way you'll have it and can be

getting guns ready this winter..Ed

JGS made my reamer, PT&G print has now been updated as of this date to match the JGS print and is good to go, have also sent JGS print to David Manson , this way the 375 Warlord is standardized in one design to prevent any future confusion and problems ....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 73
JGS made my reamer, PT&G print has now been updated as of this date to match the JGS print and is good to go, have also sent JGS print to David Manson , this way the 375 Warlord is standardized in one design to prevent any future confusion and problems ....

Yeah!!

.408 Warlord, anyone? Just chiming in here. I would love to have a rifle like this and afford to shoot it, but that probably won't happen for a while.

Anyways, what happened to the 419gr. .408?

Is the bore rider able to be pushed so fast because it is a bore rider and there is less bearing surface? Could the .408 be pushed as fast in the same case?

If it could there would be 42" less drift in a 10 mph wind at 3600 yds. I've personally never shot anywhere close to that range but that seems like quite a bit to me?

Just curious, I think this s#!t is AWESOME!! Keep shooting!!

There is a 408 on the 585 Hubel case along with 416 and 358 calibers but they are not available to the public, private wildcats for personal use

Less bearing surface helps with speed

A same weight 416 can be pushed little faster than 375 bullet,

but if close to same weight it will have lower BC there is no gain in

what it can do at long range. To get same or higher BC needs 100gr more weight

at least and a case that will get the speed the Warlord gets.With the same proportioned

chamber as Warlord for best harmonics.Ed

So does anyone have any numbers on this compared to the .375 AM. I read through and either missed it or they are not stated. Very curious to see if it can beat the AM. It should if you find the right powder. I'm currently going on 3 years of wait on my AM and just wondering if this my be a better option given the time It takes for an AM. I was told it would be at l set two years so I'm still ok with the wait but hoping it done soon. I would love to have the 408 or .416 version of this

So does anyone have any numbers on this compared to the .375 AM. I read through and either missed it or they are not stated. Very curious to see if it can beat the AM. It should if you find the right powder. I'm currently going on 3 years of wait on my AM and just wondering if this my be a better option given the time It takes for an AM. I was told it would be at l set two years so I'm still ok with the wait but hoping it done soon. I would love to have the 408 or .416 version of this
I don't think anyone has finished a rifle yet.

Performance should be very close to or exceed the 375AM. It is not, however the same cartridge.

I've looked at the 375AM. I'd love one except.... I don't know how to get a reamer, dies etc. for the DIY type project I am working on. Perhaps I could send all my stuff to APS

The 375 Warlord promises similar or higher performance and I can just order a reamer. SwampLord may/should make dies available or I can get a resize reamer and make my own.

I don't think anyone has finished a rifle yet.

Performance should be very close to or exceed the 375AM. It is not, however the same cartridge.

I've looked at the 375AM. I'd love one except.... I don't know how to get a reamer, dies etc. for the DIY type project I am working on. Perhaps I could send all my stuff to APS

The 375 Warlord promises similar or higher performance and I can just order a reamer. SwampLord may/should make dies available or I can get a resize reamer and make my own.

It looks as if it could best the .375 AM. And I don't blame Kirby for keeping the reamer to himself that's why he's able to sell some high dollar rifles with long waits. As long as it performs like everyone says it will be well worth the wait.

It looks as if it could best the .375 AM. And I don't blame Kirby for keeping the reamer to himself that's why he's able to sell some high dollar rifles with long waits. As long as it performs like everyone says it will be well worth the wait.

Gosh, I don't blame Kirby either. He made it. It works. He has a waiting list. It's the American way. Good luck to him. I am not his kind of customer so he doesn't loose anything. We know his stuff works.

I'm like SwampLord. I can design, make and test and do it for fun. Look up my xx-Nosler threads before Nosler announced each one of their versions. I have my 277/26-Nosler. Nosler has not yet announced there 27-Nosler. I have another design in that line that has promise.

I don't really like to duplicate effort though. Until the Warlord showed up I had been looking at 375's. I was getting pretty close to just doing a 375 CheyTac as I determined that my 375 Nazgul or the 375 MJOLNIR were not going to be fast enough. Then I saw the Warlord thread. Whaahoo. I have actions big enough. Barrel. Yes, I will be limited to monolithic ~330 or less or jacketed ~350. That's ok. Other guys can do the heavies.

Less bearing surface helps with speed

A same weight 416 can be pushed little faster than 375 bullet,

but if close to same weight it will have lower BC there is no gain in

what it can do at long range. To get same or higher BC needs 100gr more weight

at least and a case that will get the speed the Warlord gets.With the same proportioned

chamber as Warlord for best harmonics.Ed

I ran the numbers through JBM ballistics. You are correct, the 419gr (.408) does have a slightly lower B.C. However, when pushed at the same velocities has much less wind drift at 3600 yds.

The 419gr (.408) also has a lower Sectional Density than the .375 which should allow them to be pushed a little bit faster (in theory, P.O. Ackley).

As far as a case is involved, neck up the "Warlord" and rock and roll! I don't remember anything about compressed loads with the .375's, which would mean there is room for additional powder that the .408 could handle?

The ultimate question is how much velocity does a "bore-rider" gain over a conventional bullet?

The 375 War Lord and 375 Mercenary are on my radar. Close to maybe pulling the trigger when my research is complete.

Jeff

375 Mercenary?

Read that Mitchell Fitzpatrick sent some 350gr cutting edge bullets out to the tune of 3400FPS from a 32" barrel rifle on Facebook with his 375 Lethal Magnum.