Let's talk about 2 mile cartridges

416 & 460 HE AND 416 & 460 HSM .LONG RANGE AND HUNTING
Can be set up in Pierce X10 ACTION for the 416 & 460 HE
AND X20 action for the 416 & 460 HSM , We have some
if guys need one...Ed

I'm interested to hear about the .460 Styer .416 Barret .408 & .375 Cheytac. The .50BMG is prohibited in this country so let's leave it out as it's also in its own category.

The .460 gets close to the .50, but the .408 CT seems to fly supersonic farther.
The .416 doesn't seem to have that much populairty,
While the .375 CT is enjoying a lot of sucess presumably due to the bullets available for it.
I haven't been able to find consistent info on the speeds people are getting and what weights bullets are stabilizing.

So what is hot for true ELR?
Thanks, I don't have any emails or PM regarding your site, not could I find a "contact" link on it??

I'd like to give you more details and put together a Facebook page for it too.

As for the .460 Brass, I could either get some turned and form, or just shoot Styer factory anmo to start with.

I got 100 pieces for special brass made up for me on CNC lathe and it cost me just a bit more than Lapua brass!! No headstamp, but I can live with that.
I also considered getting a barrel made up, also because the fact that the HTI is a bullpup to me means it's a waste to not have a 30-33" barrel on it considering it will absorb it in overall length.
Wildcats are mostly off the cards here, which is why the .460 might be the easiest choice. The .375 CT is very appealing to me, but I find the two to be so far apart that it makes a decision difficult.
No hurry on this, I've got enough going on with rifles as it is.
Hey, any news about your site in Italy?

Here is picture of my 416 HSM test gun, It is a big falling block we had
as a 8 bore years ago. Has a 34 inch , 1 5/8 "diameter, 1 to 10 twist barrel. .. Ed.
hsmfb.jpg

Hey, you could always try the 458 Maximus. :)

My 460 HSM goes as fast, maybe faster, only tested 572 gr, almost 3700..

Have switch barrels now for testing both 416 and 460 in that falling block test gun.

Tested them first using Pierce actions, now use falling block for both, and leaves Pierce

actions for guys doing target guns.... Ed

Last edited:
My 460 HSM goes as fast, maybe faster, only tested 572 gr, almost 3700..

Have switch barrels now for testing both 416 and 460 in that falling block test gun.

Tested them first using Pierce actions, now use falling block for both, and leaves Pierce

actions for guys doing target guns.... Ed
How did moa testing go on the 460 HSM back then/now? Is it Ko2M ready?

Recent Posts