IMG_2576.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3985.jpg
    IMG_3985.jpg
    358.3 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_4025.jpg
    IMG_4025.jpg
    924.2 KB · Views: 215
Two days before my old hunting pard died we talked to what would make the perfect rifle. Agreement came that it had to hit to kill P dogs religiously at 1k.

Like two kids we started in the design without two buckles two rub together.

Ruban then asked his wife to fetch his old rifle. She did and gave it to him. Ruban was close to death with a body ravished with cancer.

He ordered me to come close and I did. He then handed me his rifle and in a rough whisper said, " here, you make that rifle for the both of us". With tears in my eyes accepted and took on the challenge.

Nothing special but it has flipped many a P dog from his mound as it was meant to do. My old hunting pard of 32 winters and falls is still with me as the beast roars. I can still hear Ruban say, "a real rifleman can hit that again". Oh, the good times.

This is a great story. It's accounts like this that prove there is Hope.

Please pardon the ' smart' phone and spell check.

Thank you, and what makes the story great, is that it is true. I think sometimes all of us spend to much in our platforms and gadgets and loose sight in why we enjoy shooting.

It's times when your buddy smokes a 10 ring on a fishtail and gives you "the look" and next you poke that X ring and you see your partner rolling in prickly pear moaning, " that's so wrong'! Oh, the good times.

We don' know the value of those good times sadly until its gone. Enjoy not only those new builds, but the guy or gal who's eye is in the spotting scope looking for your window or spying that bull. Shooting brings people together and non-shooters will never figure it out. Enjoy your times and places and have fun.

Please pardon the ' smart' phone and spell check.

Thank you, and what makes the story great, is that it is true. I think sometimes all of us spend to much in our platforms and gadgets and loose sight in why we enjoy shooting.

It's times when your buddy smokes a 10 ring on a fishtail and gives you "the look" and next you poke that X ring and you see your partner rolling in prickly pear moaning, " that's so wrong'! Oh, the good times.

We don' know the value of those good times sadly until its gone. Enjoy not only those new builds, but the guy or gal who's eye is in the spotting scope looking for your window or spying that bull. Shooting brings people together and non-shooters will never figure it out. Enjoy your times and places and have fun.

This is so true. It amazes me how shooting brings us all together.

Here is the range close to my house Carson City NV range. Great for sighting in but only able to stretch to 300 yds. The Washoe County Range goes to 1000yds. For that distance and farther normally we shoot in the hills but to dry to chance a fire right now.

Attachments

• 9DB3531A-838F-460F-983D-CA757B5F17F1.jpeg
    9DB3531A-838F-460F-983D-CA757B5F17F1.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 180
  • 1545E744-397B-455A-AE52-072353312570.jpeg
    1545E744-397B-455A-AE52-072353312570.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 197
Thanks for sharing the Austin Gun Club pic. I am currently trying to get matched up with an Accuracy 1st class held at AGC.
The pic is just the rifle range. The clubhouse, skeet, & pistol stuff is across the road, about a half-mile away. They have lodging available there for attendees if you're traveling in for the class - the owner, Julie, is a sweetheart!

The classes are usually taught by Pete Gould, retired SMajor. Really great stuff. The theory gets easy with Todd's "cowboy math".

Which course are you taking? What rig will you be running?

Cheers,
John

upload_2019-7-10_5-49-33.jpeg

Where I shoot...
'RifleButt' Range circa WW1 where the local range at Waikaia New Zealand dates back in early 1920's where the town sponsored long range matches 3-4 times a year. Many competing locals used their returned service vet 303 enfield rifles with iron sights, granddad won several 300 yard trophy's he kept in a closet. The photo has four new 6 Creedmoors (7 Twist carbon fiber bull barrels) that I'm enjoying doing a multiple client Load development with 110 SMKs on a lovely summer day 2019

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts