Leica 1600B

I can't figure out if Ehr on my new 1600b makes sense.
It looks like it is completely off.

I took following reading:

Curve: us1
Zero: 100yd
Range: 320
Angle: 30 degrees
Temp: 87f
Press: 29.83

The Ehr was 317
The hold was 8

When I calculate equivalent range manually, I get 277yd. I understand that 1600b
Takes temp and press into account, but can the difference be that huge?

Do you get more normal readings with your 1600b?

I have noticed the same thing with my 1600B my manual calculations dont seem to jive with the ehr range the 1600 is spitting out....I dont think I would trust the ehr on a long shot with an angle..

That's how I feel when I can only get 3000 out of my terrapin :D:
Seriously this may not apply but how are you holding it. I had a 1600 and I found if I rested on my pack or tripod I could get to there pretty far but off hand unsupported not nearly as far.

Took me awhile to realize I do my best shooting prone why not range that way as well

Jordan@406

We'll today it's overcast and the best I can get out of it is 1275 just a bit disappointing when I watch people on youtube get out to 1800 on youtube and ya I tried putting it on my tripod and that's how I got it to 1275 but in the sun I'm lucky to get 1000! I'll be sending this junk back and getting something else

They dropped the ball on this ranger finder. Why didn't they give the option to customize the ballistic program. What's up with only 880yards are you serious!! This could have been the perfect range finder but it's lacking in many ways.

Good Day...could somebody pse explain the GEE zero Range or Most favorable zeroing ranges...I do understand the 100 and 200m or yards ranges but what is the GEE for?

How would you use the GEE or Table 3 in the manual on page 180??

I can't figure out if Ehr on my new 1600b makes sense.
It looks like it is completely off.

I took following reading:

Curve: us1
Zero: 100yd
Range: 320
Angle: 30 degrees
Temp: 87f
Press: 29.83

The Ehr was 317
The hold was 8

When I calculate equivalent range manually, I get 277yd. I understand that 1600b
Takes temp and press into account, but can the difference be that huge?

Do you get more normal readings with your 1600b?

Hai perfettamentamente ragione. Dopo 1 settimana di prove ho stabilito che il1600 b non e' affidabile fornisce misure inferiori . Ho testato con swarovski e telmetro svizzero professionale.E' vero che tiene conto di temperatura e pressione ma fornisce differenze troppo elevate. Ho contattato Leica supporto e dicono che e' tarato a livello del mare!!!!! Non sono per nulla soddisfatto. NON USATE SU LUNGHE DISTANZE !!!! ciao Loris ITALY

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.