Legally, are the 175 SMK BTHP considered as FMJ?

Ombre noire

It is all in the title.
From a legal standpoint, are the 175 SMK BTHP considered as FMJ, which makes them illegal to hunt with in NV?

I don't know about NV but they are different in construction. It just depends on if NV thinks they are different.

When in doubt why not ask the authority that enforces it; LE side of your Fish and Game Dept (or equiv). lightbulb

You are a wise man and this is exactly what I did :)
Talked to a Game Warden in Reno and got answers; yes 175 SMK are legal for hunting in NV.
I had another question for him, regarding magazine max capacity for big game, as I heard 5 shots were max. Warden's answer: no restriction on magazine capacity for big game.
Always good to know.
Thanks.

You are a wise man and this is exactly what I did :)
Talked to a Game Warden in Reno and got answers; yes 175 SMK are legal for hunting in NV.
I had another question for him, regarding magazine max capacity for big game, as I heard 5 shots were max. Warden's answer: no restriction on magazine capacity for big game.
Always good to know.
Thanks.

I had to ask MT's FWP LE division on a few unclear (or not defined) rules on the reg myself and I find them very helpful. Cheers!

Uh, is not the HP for Hollow Point? And the definition is non-expanding ammunition not FMJ.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.