Legacy Cartridges

41magnut

In times such as the current ammunition supply situation, that I am pleased that I hung on to my legacy chambered rifles. You know the ones considered, by some, to be lacking or antiquated, 30/06 270, 30/30, and a couple of others.

30/06 & 270W seem to appear on the shelf while others are like seeking for the holy grail. Might not be the exact bullet & brand desired, but available.

I have ample ammo to get me through the 20/21 season w/o being at the local retailer in time to be the first through the door to check the shelves, or checking with on-line retailers morning noon or night in hopes of scoring a solitary box of my latest wire guided, lighting bolt, out performs everything else ever invented, cartridge.

I am just as guilty of falling for the latest Beauty Queen. Since my legacy rifles are not taken out as often I have numerous 1/2 to full boxes of excellent factory and re-loaded ammo.

Any way just mindless musing as I finish my coffee and get off my dairy-aire and get to work.

In reality there is not much those cartridges can't do. 270 and 06 are going to be around long after we're all gone. Same with 300win mag and 7mag. Unless the democraps outlaw them all which they are trying to do every day. Other wise yes the oldie classics can still get it done with ease. And in most places you can still scrounge up a box or 2 of it.
Shep

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.