Leftover tags aren't so bad :)

Buska

Here's a few pictures from a recent hunt I took my daughter on. It was the first time she has been a part of a harvest and it was really special to have her there with me. She actually spotted the does he was with so we sat and glasses for a few minutes before he showed himself and we decided together that we should take the shot. Such a cool bonding moment. A couple more years and she'll be old enough to pull the trigger if she wants to. I don't know if she will ever have the desire to actually kill one herself but as long as she continues to enjoy the outdoors with me I'm 100% fine with that! This was on a Colorado leftover tag...second year I've hunted Colorado and the second year I've found decent bucks on a leftover tag. I may just forget the draw system and grab leftovers every year ha! By the way, she was also wearing orange vest and hat but wanted to take hers off for pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_2721.jpg
    IMG_2721.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_2724.jpg
    IMG_2724.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2737.jpg
    IMG_2737.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_2734.jpg
    IMG_2734.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 131
That's awesome. Well done.

I took my 2-1/2 YO Daughter with me today glassing for mulies here in Idaho. She was running around gathering flowers for me having a ball. She asked me why I was looking into "that tube". I managed to get her positioned so she could see the deer I was looking about 800 yds away. "Howy Cow, Dad!". :)

Just keep taking them . . . right? It's fun having my kids with me out there.

Showing by oldest stepdaughter where meat comes from. Full of questions, and I did my best to tell her everything she wanted to know. It's great to be able to do

Attachments

• IMG_20161123_095322124.jpg
    IMG_20161123_095322124.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 149
so nice to see the young ones out there (not that i'm very old) just like to see the outdoors getting into the blood of the youth!

and awesome buck!

Congrats, you daughter is a cutie!. My 16yr old just laughs at me at the suggestion of doing a hunt together. A2

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.