Left Handed Mark V Stock Options

stcummingsjr

I got as a gift a left hand 300 wby lazar mark that I want to re-stock (stock seems a little too nice to wipe out while hunting)

Besides being left handed…..here is my dilemma. I'm familiar with some of my more obvious aftermarket stock options; love my McMillan and H. S. ….. But, a part of me thinks that by the time I spend on a new stock from the above mentioned, I could add a couple extra bills and get a new rifle; a 700 platform would offers a little more overall support (left-handed) for my future aftermarket upgrades.

Or otherwise try to find a cheaper alternative that would make it worth wild to use the Weatherby.
I'm keeping my eyes open for factory synthetic Weatherby stock, but would love to see if there are any other wood or synthetic options available that would fit my left handed bill.

Thanks for your time
Steve

I have Bansners stock company make me a left handed stock. I was so pleased I sent them two more left handed rifles. I am having them do another Win Model 70 300WSM and a Remington 700 in 300RUM. I can't say enough about how easy they were to work. They quality was exceptional too.

They do stocks for Weatherby's as well.

Welcome to High Tech Specialties, Inc.!!!

+1 For Accurate innovations stocks.

I replaced all of my composite stocks with them and with out
exception their accurace improved.

I prefer the laminate varmenter for strength and the full length
aluminum insert( From the rear bedding screw to the front sling
swivel).

Just my opinion
J E CUSTOM

do eny of know about bell carlson metalist stocks weatherby mark v look a like thinking about dropping my 700 BDL in it they say it bolts right in with new floor plate

cva, if it's a MK V look-alike inletted for a 700, that's one thing. If it's inletted for a MK V, a 700 Rem is not going to fit at all.

Good luck, Tom

cva, if it's a MK V look-alike inletted for a 700, that's one thing. If it's inletted for a MK V, a 700 Rem is not going to fit at all.

Good luck, Tom
bell carlson makes it for a 700 what do you know about bell carlson

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.