Lee Enfield Catridge Conversion

375rifleman

Hello, I remember reading somewhere that a Lee Enfield was converted to 45-90, which got me thinking of a Lee Enfield converted to 348 Winchester. Then rechambered to 50 Alaskan shooting a 750gr A-Max at 1500fps-1700fps out of a Lee Enfield would be outstanding. Possible or just a pipe dream? Thanks in advance for any thoughts, opinions, or answers.

Regards

What are the SAMMI specs for each chambering? My guess is the 50 Alaskan would be a lot higher than the Enfield.

Rough 50 Alaskan Dimensions
Rimmed
Bullet Diameter .510
Neck Diameter .536
Base Diameter .553
Rim Diameter .610
Rim Thickness .070
Case Length 2.10
I don't exactly know what it would be with a 750gr A-Max bullet but I'm guessing C.O.A.L. somewhere between 3.00-4.00 (+?) Someone in the forum will probably know more about this cartridge bullet combination. I don't know what the maximum C.O.A.L. that a Lee Enfield could handle and still function as a repeating rifle. Otherwise I would just go with a TC Encore. But it would be nice to have a bolt action, especially a fast bolt action like an Enfield.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.