lee enfield

Dowierj

Twas out at the range today and shootin factory umc 174grainers with my lee enfield made in 1941. I got a weaver 6x mounted and grouped three shots into .6". Now im looking to improve my group and want to find a good load for a 174 mks. Any ideas?

I was too. The accuracy of a lee enfield depends on many things. First, when it was made, mine was 1941, near the beginning of the war. The closer to the end of the war the less acurate they get as they were mass producing them and they spend less time on each rifle. What type of powder are you using and where would i find info on good loads for this rifle?

I have had great success with H335 and Win LR/CCI BR2 primers. I use a Lee collet neck die to size. Mostly Hornady bullets too. Their 174gr FMJ should work very well. Haven't had time to try them in mine. Been using 150gr SP.

Other powders to consider are Benchmark and Varget. Both not temp sensitive so loads can be used all year long.

Hornady load manuals have great data for this case.

Enjoy...

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.