Leaving for Colorado, Who Else?

Dixie Bowfishing

Well, we just got the last of our gear loaded up and are going to leave out at about 4AM. We have been hunting this area in the past and were always close but never sealed the deal, and every year our friends do great in the first rifle season. We also never have gotten a mule deer tag, but we always see nice mulies up there. We finally got tags for the season that we wanted and will be hunting first rifle elk and second rifle mule deer. Our friends are seeing some nice bulls up there right now and they are supposed to be bugling also. I will start another thread and pose pics as we go. Who else is going to be hunting Colorado?

I'll be hunting second season elk . I leave on the eleventh . I have only been elk hunting one other time , first season two years ago . on that trip I got a cow .

I live in CO and will be leaving tomorrow to hunt Antelope in WY. We found an exception area up there that allows 4 doe and faun tags per hunter. We also located some awesome private land and filled all 8 tags last year. Looking forward to filling the freezer again...

I'm headed out next Wednesday for Colorado second season mule deer Unit 62. Gonna be solo this year as my hunting buddies aren't going this year and my friends who live in Colorado don't have any second season tags this year. Kinda bummed about that but glad I didn't put in for a cow tag. Too much work for one guy. Best of luck everybody!

I leave saturday for Montana goats and birds, then south to Colo unit 521 elk and deer. Lots of driving.
My buddy and his 14 year old son [my godson] are flying into Salt Lake to join me on the Colorado hunt.
This will be the boy's first elk hunt. I don't know who's more excited.
Do 14 year olds make good pack mules?

I leave saturday for Montana goats and birds, then south to Colo unit 521 elk and deer. Lots of driving.
My buddy and his 14 year old son [my godson] are flying into Salt Lake to join me on the Colorado hunt.

haha pack mule? im 15 and sure i can carry around quite a bit aslong as you don't write pack mule in the job discription :) i'd be happy to help my dad or dad's friend out. Hell, if my dad took me on an elk hunt i'd carry ALL his gear!

They are about as good a pack mule as they are camp cook! ! !

I'm headed out next Wednesday for Colorado second season mule deer Unit 62. Gonna be solo this year as my hunting buddies aren't going this year and my friends who live in Colorado don't have any second season tags this year. Kinda bummed about that but glad I didn't put in for a cow tag. Too much work for one guy. Best of luck everybody!

Sambo 3006 good luck! I have hunted 62 for deer and elk, it is a neat place to go. Where will you camp?

I may still make the 3rd elk season? It depends upon work!

well, we almost made it to Colorado, when the wheelstuds broke off on the trailer here in Russel, Ks. We rigged it enought to get us to a motel, so we are gonna put it together and try to do some scouting.

We're leaving Denver on the 30th of October for the 3rd Elk season. Heading for 211 and 12. Four of us have bull and cow tags. I love October. HUNTIIIIIIIING !!!

Best of luck to all. :D

I'm going to be mobile. Going to sleep in the back of my SUV and I just plan to move around until I get a good idea of what elevation the deer are at. I plan to go up out of Montrose.

I'm leaving on the 29th for third season elk in units 85,83,and 851. First elk hunt ever. Looking forward to stretching out my .300 ultra.

I live in Montrose, CO so I have it MADE:D

Unit 54 and 62 tags this year.

I was out last night in unit 62
bulls were singing so much I could not sleep:D

First rifle guys should have it made!!

A big wind storm last week blow down a lot of tree's
so bring a saw if your hunting way back in.

Good luck ALL!!

Im leaving 20 days from now actually flying in to Montrose. I think the unit is 51? Im going with buddies whom have been going there for the last 15 years. My first elk hunt very excited and going nuts on preparaton of equiptment. No mule deer tags so will be 3 rd rifle season for elk.
Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.