Learn me on 300RUM rifles?!

Thanks guys,
Recoil doesn't bother me, but I fired my 338Edge un-braked prone/crouching over a backpack with a bi-pod and it nearly eyebrowed me, hit my nose with my trigger hand and the scope hit my shooting glasses. Never again!

I have several Sendero's in my safe as we speak, all but the unfired custom shop 5R have been converted to pinned lug switch barrels, a couple VSSF II's as well. I really love these HS-Precision stocks with the beaver tail fore end and palm swell. I rarely hunt and carry these rifles far. We walk in with rifles slung, then remove the slings and set up on bi-pods over farm fringe.
I want a new rifle that can double as this AND use to stalk with. We ain't allowed to use tree stands here, so walk and stalk or sit and wait is the name of the game.

Who makes Grayboe stocks?
Are they just called Grayboe?
Guess I'll Google it.

I'm heading out to look at a few rifles this morning, I'll be in touch when I find out what I can get here.

Cheers.

I want a new rifle that can double as this AND use to stalk with. We ain't allowed to use tree stands here, so walk and stalk or sit and wait is the name of the game.
I would re-think the Sendero II if you're going to spot and stalk. I own one in a 300RUM and love that gun, but it's heavy after topping with a nightforce and a piercision brake. I think it's worth the extra money for the Sendero with HS stock over a BC stock on a Long Range model. I bought it 18 months ago and have over 500 rounds down the barrel shooting mostly the berger 230 OTM's.
For the spot and stalk days, I use a 700BDL in 7mm Rem Mag with 24" barrel. Much lighter gun and easier to pack.

Ok guys, just got back from the gun shop.
The LR is in stock in either S/S or CM in 300RUM.
The prices have just increased AGAIN, now they want $1,530 for CM and $1,630 for S/S.
The AWR is currently NOT being imported, special order only and a 18 month wait.

The Sendero II is currently not in stock in 300RUM, plenty of 300WM in stock.
That will be a special order, but the wait is only the next shipment in February.

I think I'll just take the chance on a LR S/S Model. It looks light enough to sling and stalk with.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Cheers.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.