Lead Processing Plant Closing?

Sargesniper

A friend sent an email stating the last lead smelting plant in the US will be closing it's doors permanently. Anyone else heard this? Seems like Obummer is on the attack again if it is true.
This will drive the cost up considerably for components and loaded rounds.

It may be old news but I think you are correct that it is going to have a significant impact on price.

It closed about 3 years ago.

Sierra bullets is located near by the plant in Missouri. They sent a email about the closing, the best I can remember they said that Doe Run was a recycling plant and most bullet manufacturers dont use recycled lead, if I'm not mistaken. I cant find the original email.
Point being, dont start getting paranoid about something that happened 3 years ago.

Not being paranoid, I'm too old for that now. Just passing on to others what was sent to me via email. I have enough bullets to last for a long time. Others may not.

Do you know from where Sierra obtains their lead?

Sierra bullets is located near by the plant in Missouri. They sent a email about the closing, the best I can remember they said that Doe Run was a recycling plant and most bullet manufacturers dont use recycled lead, if I'm not mistaken. I cant find the original email.
Point being, dont start getting paranoid about something that happened 3 years ago.

I found the blog by Sierra, I had it backwards. Doe Run smelted primary ore straight from the earth, Sierra uses recycled.
Sorry.

Here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160727-100732.jpg
    Screenshot_20160727-100732.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20160727-100632.jpg
    Screenshot_20160727-100632.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 74
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.