large rifle primers

When I find them, I buy them. I never resell, instead, as an example, I loaded 200 6.5 Grendels for a shirt tail relative yesterday. Can't help if you don't have them.

Attachments

• 20220717_083543.jpg
    20220717_083543.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 118
I have 14 5/8 ozs almost a pound of CCI 200 that I removed from a friend's hand loads. His family required him to get rid of all his shooting stuff due to health issues. Unfortunately I can't ship them. Oh by the way they are free.

where are you finding large rifle primers available to purchase now?
It all a matter of luck. Most folks put themselves on all the watch lists on the various sites so they can get notified when a few primers trickle in. Otherwise, you have to troll each site constantly and have funds available at all times.

Some of the on line retailers had them briefly last week, both Federal and CCI. I was able to get a thousand CCI #250s at a reasonable price. I monitor 5 or 6 websites many times a day. When they have them the usually sell out in less than 60 seconds, so you have to be quick to buy.

I have 14 5/8 ozs almost a pound of CCI 200 that I removed from a friend's hand loads. His family required him to get rid of all his shooting stuff due to health issues. Unfortunately I can't ship them. Oh by the way they are free.
I've never thought about de-priming unfired brass to save the primers. I have a couple hundred mixed brass that is primed with Fed 215M. I was holding it in reserve while using new ADG brass. Any problems encountered when de-priming?

I'm down to 1000 on LRM and LR primers and starting to get a little nervous. I hate paying large hazmat and shipping fees.

I've never thought about de-priming unfired brass to save the primers. I have a couple hundred mixed brass that is primed with Fed 215M. I was holding it in reserve while using new ADG brass. Any problems encountered when de-priming?

I'm down to 1000 on LRM and LR primers and starting to get a little nervous. I hate paying large hazmat and shipping fees.
Just don't get to ruff with them I deprime live primers all the time

Local Fleet Farm has them sometimes. I've seen them in some local sporting goods stores but only now and then. Some stores say they haven't had any in ages.

When you de-prime, all primers are ruined. They get deformed badly. Be extremely careful if you try to de-prime. There have been many episodes of folks having them blow causing equipment damage and injury.

Recent Posts