Lapua Brass

trader388

What is so good about it? Do you get that many more reloads?

Anyone shooting 338 Lapua - how many reloads do you get out of your lapua brass?

I have 18 firings on some 338 Lapua brass and have it loaded the 19th time.
Crow Mag

I´m on the 15th reload of some of mine, some have been _very_ hot. They seem almost undistructible. Of course they are not, but I use Lapua brass, nothing else, for serious shooting in any caliber available, wildcat or factory. Some of my HV 6BR cases are on their 30th reload, 3rd FL sizing and no annealing yet. Just my 2 cents.

Metallurgy is the name of the game here along with drilled flash holes (instead of punched like the domestic brass). but the biggest difference to me is the primer pocket it is tighter than domestic from the start and stays tighter and more consistant plus the case thickness is more uniform. more expensive YES but worth it in most cases just because it is better
B

Trader388 ,
Case weight and thus internal volume is much more consistent than cheaper brass too. Case necks were annealed from the Lapua factory on my .243 brass . Lapua brass also conforms much more closely to SAAMI dimensional specs than my Winchester stuff . Basically it is held to tighter manufacturing tolerances .

i'd place norma second best to lapua, and a good substitute if you can't get lapua. depends on what caliber it's for though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.