Lapua Brass

There is Lapua headstamped .300 Win brass, it's made by Norma for Lapua though.

ps: Doesn't or didn't Broz use these cases?

Maybe Broz will jump in and clarify, but yes. He does or has used Lapua stamped brass for his 300 WM. Not sure if he still has it? I do not believe it is still available but read somewhere here in the forum (rumor) that Lapua will start producing it again.

Yes. Lapua did indeed commission Norma to make Lapua 300 win brass for them, and I understand to Lapua Specs. I and my son do have and use this brass but it is discontinued and has been for some time. I find this Lapua head stamped brass harder than Norma head stamped brass I have used, and we get good life out of it. It is very good brass.

I have also heard there is a good possibility that Lapua will one day again make 300 win brass. This time producing it their selves in their own plants. When? I have no idea, but I do hope it happens.

Lapua 300 win brass runs close to the same case volume as WW, RP and Graff brass.

RWS is very strong brass and is very thick. Great brass but the thickness results in a lower case volume and charge weights with H-1000 need to be run about 3 to 4 grains under the cases with larger capacity to keep pressure in check.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.